Adobe was a leader in animation coding business since the Adobe Professional era and it was the first complex professional software able to carry out enterprise level projects. And it is still number one for animation studios.
It wouldn’t be possible to enumerate all AA features but we can try to talk about the implementation sphere. So what can you do with AA?
- Author different illustrations and designs,
- Access a cloud library,
- Stock data gives access to gigabytes of imagery etc,
- Create vector animation,
- Export and edit videos,
- Multiplatform environment integrated with all Adobe products plus customized extensions,
- Various tips and tutorials integrated into the software,
- Multiple coding languages integrated so you can choose in what format to save your files, HTML5 available.
As you can see the software in itself is extremely complex and comprises many levels but this does not make it more complicated. The menu and user interface is very simple and easy to understand.
There is good news and bad news. The good news is that you get to have 14 days free as a test period. Unfortunately a single user can only have his test period once and after that your account is subjected to subscription fees. So what are the options?
- The AA itself will cost you $ 19,99 per month,
- You can also buy it in a bulk deal together with a whole CS6 set for $ 49,99 per month,
- Various package deals for businesses and enterprise versions available,
- Student/teacher discounts of up to 60% apply.
But if you are a full time student you can have a free access to it through the college library. And of course we are against pirate downloads or copyright violations.
Figure of Merit
There is a reason why AA retains its industry hallmark status. It is a reliable permanent failure-proof program for an affordable price. The most powerful software on the animation market also comes at a price as you will have to invest a lot of time into studying tutorials and practicing. But you have to work hard in order to get what you want.
AA should not be regarded as professional software only. You will so much fun studying all the features and going through tutorials. Plus the amount of open source information and AA tutorials will make learning easy and fun for you. Do you like AA? Or do you use rivaling software? Let us know in the comments.